Followers

Saturday, May 9, 2015

"What's Your Price?"

"You want to purchase our library?" Peter asks in disbelief. "Yes, I would love to." Olivia responds. I hold up my index finger for Peter. I then take Olivia to the side. "What are you doing?" I ask her. "I'm gonna buy the library." "I see, but why?" "I think it'll be good for us." "But it's gotta be a fortune." I insist. "We'll figure it out." Olivia ends our conversation there. She turns her attention back to Peter. "Yes, we would like to buy the library." "But why?" He asks. "We love books. We could add our own to the collection. We would inspire others to read, and you know we'd keep it in good condition." She explains. Peter rubs his chin. "The library would find a good home in your hands, however, I can't say it's for sale." "Everything is for sale. Name your price." She says. Peter laughs. "Spoken like a true business person." "It's true though, isn't it?" She asks. "To a degree, but we don't operate on monetary value." Olivia taps her fingers on the desk. "What about the camera?" She asks. Peter pulls our camera out of the top drawer. "This?" He asks. Olivia nods. Peter examines it. "It's a nice camera. I don't know if it'll be enough though." "We have resources." Olivia pleads. Peter stands. "This isn't my jurisdiction, but because you are so determined, I'll take you to someone who may help." Peter looks at the bellboy. "Max, I need you to mind the gate for a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment