Followers

Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Suite

The man in the sunglasses takes us to a small, one room, wooden house. The outside is falling apart. There are broken windows and shingles missing from the roof. I hope that this isn't where we'll be staying. That we'll actually walk somewhere past this place. My wishes go unfulfilled. The man in sunglasses unlocks the front door. "This is where you'll be staying." He opens the door. It makes a loud, creaking noise. "Take a look." Olivia and I poke our heads in. The inside is worse than the outside. There is absolutely no furniture, and garbage covers the floor. Most of it is beer bottles and fast food wrappers. "What do you think?" He asks. "It's something." I respond. He sees right through my facade. "You don't like it?" "It's not what we were expecting." Olivia replies. "You should be happy. Normally this room would be filled with people." "It was nice you cleared it out." Olivia says. He sneers. "Only because Russ thinks highly of you. I don't see what the big deal is, and most the guys agree with me." The man in the sunglasses starts to exit. "We start early. Be ready." He exits the room, and shuts the creaky door, leaving us alone in the garbage filled room. "Should we be concerned?" Olivia asks. "We'll wait ten minutes and then make our escape."

No comments:

Post a Comment