Followers

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Escape Plan


Just looking at the breakfast makes me want to vomit. The eggs are grey and the hash browns don't appear to be cooked. Olivia and I poke at our meals. Meanwhile, all the men are in ecstasy. They shovel their food down their throats. "You think it's safe to eat?" I whisper to Olivia. "They're all eating." "I don't think that says much." I quip. I crane my neck to see the Men's bathroom door wide open. "I have an idea. I'll be right back." I tell her. I walk to the bathroom. All the bikers are too busy with food to see me leave momentarily. Hopefully, it stays like that for a while. The inside of the restroom is a wreck. The garbage can is overturned, the mirror is cracked and broken, and the sink is missing. None of that matters though because this bathroom has a window. A window that I could easily sneak through. I climb on the toilet and reach for the window sill. After a moment or so of struggling, I make it through the window. It leads me to the back of the bar. Fortunately no one is around. I guess breakfast is the only time they don't use guards. Who knew? I walk a hundred feet down a marshy field. That's when I decide it's safe to call my falcon. Unlike the previous time, he does not circle around in the air. He swoops down immediately. He stands before me, majestic as always. "We got what we came here for. Olivia has it at the bar, but I don't trust those men. If we can get away from them to this spot will you take us away?" The falcon nods slowly. "Good, I will get back. We'll see you soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment