Followers

Monday, May 18, 2015

Lime Green Suit

The jailer marches us down the hall where we are met by a tall, lanky man in a lime green suit. "Nice suite." I say, sarcastically. He smiles smugly. "You know what they say, Cash is king. Money is power." "I've never seen money that shade of green." I utter. "Perhaps it should be." He replies. "Forgive me for being informal." The man puts out his hand. "Chad Billington." Olivia and I reluctantly shake his hand. "Russel Myers referred me to you two." "Who?" Olivia asks. Chad chuckles. "You became good friends with him. He's an older biker." "How do you know him?" I ask. "You can say we are old friends." Chad eyes the jailer. "Jailer, would you mind giving us some privacy? I have to discuss some legal matters." The jailer begrudgingly walks away. "Now to discuss business." He says. Chad clears his throat and continues. "You two aren't out of the woods just yet." "I didn't think it would be that easy. Olivia replies. Chad smiles. "People will do anything for money, lots of money. However, as it stands my power and influence was not able to get you out of a court date. " "So, you basically came to tell us we're screwed?" I say. Chad shakes his head. "Work for Mr. Myers. This could all go away." "How?" Olivia asks. " Mr. Myers and I have built up strong ties to this district. The cops who can not be bought will fall to addiction." I back up. "No, I don't want to be a part of this." Chad fixes his tie. "You realize you are facing a few felony charges and right now I am your hope." I take a deep breath. "Could you do something for me?" I plead. " I believe I am." He says. "I need you to get something from evidence." Chad laughs to himself. "Easy as pie. What is it?" "It's a golden shield." I tell him. "I'll do it. And then I will meet you two outside." Chad walks away, whistling. Olivia rushes up to me. "What you doing?" She demands. "We'll get the shield, and then when we can we'll call the falcon and fly far away."

No comments:

Post a Comment