Followers

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Scouting

We view high school students from afar through high powered binoculars. Nothing creepy about that. Especially when you take into consideration that we are searching for the most naive looking kids to push drugs. I think I spot a kid who is walking to his car. Russell shakes his head and says "You must be a rookie." "What gave it away?" I ask. "Going to someone who is alone is looking for trouble. You want to appear friendly and open. Never go to someone who is alone, but also avoid crowds." Sage, disturbing advice from a criminal. We spent most the afternoon watching students leave the high school. Russell would always turn down any of our suggestions. They would always be too plucky, not plucky enough, sometimes he didn't like their look. Eventually he found a teenage couple on a park bench. "Perfect!" He shouts. "They don't look too smart, and they don't look dumb. And they aren't that close to the school." I bite my lip. He slaps me on the back. "Go do your thing. And remember, I'll be watching." He says, with a sinister smile. We've received our assignment, now to find a way out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment