Followers

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Cook's Place

The hunter awoke to find himself in a bed that wasn't his, and in a place he had never been before. He attempted to move, but his muscles were still weak. Instead he let out a scream of frustration. The Royal Cook rushed to his side. "What is it?" "Where the fuck am I?" The hunter shouts. "You're in my place." "Yeah, and where's that?" "It's above the kitchen. I'm the Royal Cook." The  hunter gives the royal cook side eye. "You were terribly weak. I had to help you." "How noble of you." The hunter says, sarcastically. The hunter rests his head on the pillow. He piers off to the side. The bedroom door is open. We can see on the other side is a balcony that overlooks the land. "So, you're the royal cook?" The hunter asks. "I am. I prepare the meals for all the people." "All your people you mean." "Yes, all my people. All the people that live here." "I don't live here." The hunter snarls. "Where are you from?" "Why do you want to know?" The Royal Cook shakes his head. "I don't." "I don't know what you did to me, but I want out." "I didn't do anything other than save your life." The royal cook says defensively. "Save me? How do I know you didn't poison me?" "What do I possibly have to gain by poisoning you?" "You work for her, don't you?" "Who?" "Who do you think?" The royal cook takes a deep breath. "Yes, I work for Ruth-"  "I knew it! You are trying to kill me." "Would you calm down? I'm not trying to kill you." "Prove it." "I am not political what so ever. I have no opinion on that sort of thing. My job is simply to prepare decent meals for the community, but with all the people going off to war I have no job." "So,  basically because everyone is gone you're bored out of your mind because you have no one to cook for. That's why you helped me." "That and it was the right thing to do." The cook adds. The hunter smirks. "It's a good story. I still don't trust you." The royal cook starts to exit the room. "You don't have to trust me. In fact you're free to leave. See how far you get in your condition."

No comments:

Post a Comment