Followers

Friday, January 15, 2016

Safety Nest

To leave the safety of the nest would mean my downfall. I peak out every now and then only to realize that nothing has changed. The army below has not budged. I wonder why they have chosen this place of all possible places to make camp. Then a thought occurs to me. They know I'm here. They probably tortured the hunter until he could give them some valuable information. Plus, if they lifted their heads, I'm certain they would have seen the giant nest. They're not stupid. They used to own the falcons. They know what a falcon's nest looks like. I am vastly outnumbered. The fact that they have not yet attacked me is puzzling. The only logical explanation would be that they're waiting for me to strike first. I won't, however, give them the satisfaction. I slink further down into the nest. The branches poke my back. Nothing too painful, but I'd be lying if I said this was luxury. I can't leave, but I also can't stay here forever. Fortunately, a miracle comes from the sky. I hear a loud, ear - piercing, battle cry overhead. Moments later a thick, black streak stretches across the sky. To my delight, this catches the attention of the army below. None of them care about removing me from the tree anymore. They all grit their teeth and pick up their weapons. They march without haste in the direction of the black streak. I know my time to leave is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment