Followers

Friday, January 8, 2016

Planning

We spent the next few hours debating what exactly our next move should be. Needless to say, we didn't get very far. The general dialogue was "We should do something." "What should we do?" "I don't know, but we should do something." We were full of passion, but short on ideas. When our hope was fading, Peter brought another grim reality to our consciousness. "We can't stay here." "Why not?" I ask. Peter turns to Todd. "When you were in the sky how much could you see?" "I saw everything. I saw him being captured." "I know, but specifically what did you see. Could you make out their faces or the details in their garments?" Todd shakes his head. "No, nothing like that. They were little more than dots from my perspective." "If they were little more than dots, how do you know that that was my husband?" The baker questions. "He wore green. No one else did. I may be a coward, but I am not a liar. I know what I saw." "No one is doubting you." Peter says, trying to diffuse the situation. "Sure as hell sounded like she doubted me." "Because I did." She replies. Peter slams his hand on the table. "I believe you. Perhaps you were not able to see who had a distinguishing scar,but you saw what you saw..." Peter takes a deep breath before continuing. "If you saw them that means there is a good possibility that someone saw you. And if they saw you that means they probably tracked you back to this cabin." "To my house?" The baker blurts. Peter nods. "Smooth move, Todd," Olivia mutters. "Stop arguing. We need to move." Peter urges. "I agree, but we have no plan." I remind. Peter leans forward. "The plan is we rush them at once." I sigh. "Fine." "Good. We'll take flight now." "Are you suggesting we all fly?" The baker asks. "If we are to rush them it is the best way." He insists. "But I can't. I'm afraid of heights." She says, shyly. Peter taps his fingers. "We'll revise the plan." "How about you guys take to the sky and we'll be on foot?" Olivia suggests. "Perfect." Peter shouts. "I'll be on the ground too." I say. "Nope, you're with us in the sky." Peter replies. "But why? You're a far better pilot then I am.You don't need me." "I need you for now." "What do you mean for now?" I ask. "I need you for part one." "What's part two?" Peter shakes his head. "I can't tell you. At least not yet." "Why not?" "Trust me. The less you know right now, the better." I roll my eyes. Peter points to his temple. "All you need to know is that I have it all right here."

No comments:

Post a Comment