Followers

Monday, January 4, 2016

Folly of Helping

The hunter found himself in a clearing. He knew from his training that this was the time to be ever more vigilant. He heard a loud rustling coming from the bushes behind him. It could have been a small animal such as a rabbit or a squirrel, but he didn't want to take any chances. He quickly drew an arrow and aimed it at the bush. "Who's there?" He shouts. He is met with no response. "I demand you show yourself." There is still no response, but the rustling continues. "I will shoot you." He warns. The prisoner that Olivia traded for me, springs from the bush. "Don't shoot." He pleads. "Give me a reason why I shouldn't." "I'm innocent. I'm innocent." He chants. The hunter squints his eyes. "Innocent people don't talk like that." "I'm innocent. I'm innocent." He repeats. The hunter, going against his better judgement, lowers his bow. "Ok, you're innocent." He says. "You believe me?" The prisoner asks. "I do." The hunter offers his hand. The prisoner looks away. "No, I can't." "I don't know what they did to you, my friend, but let me help you." The prisoner shakes his head. "No, you can't." "I may not be the best man for this, but surely I can help." "You can't help me." "I think I can." The hunter assures. "I am not free." The prisoner shouts. The hunter places his hand on the man's shoulder. "You are now." "That was a bad idea." The prisoner shouts. The hunter ignores the prisoner's hysterics and starts to guide him along a path. Moments later he is ambushed by my former army. They both raise their arms. "I told you it was a bad idea." The prisoner says with a nervous demeanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment