Followers

Monday, January 11, 2016

Scary Woods

"I've never journeyed this far into the woods." The baker admits to Olivia. "Ever?" Olivia asks. "Well, at least not since we left. I guess I've never had a reason to." "You do now." Olivia says with a half smile. The baker slows her pace. Olivia rests her hand on the baker's shoulder. "Hey, he's gonna be ok.." The baker does not respond. "Look at me." The baker looks up at Olivia with watery eyes. "He's gonna be ok." Olivia insists. The baker takes a deep breath. She attempts a "brave" smile. "Ok." "You alright?" The baker shrugs. "I'm nervous. I don't ever go in these woods." "I understand, but sometimes we have to get out of our comfort zones." Olivia explains. "I suppose."  The baker glances at the sky. She sees a black swarm of falcons. "What's that?" The baker asks with a shaky voice. "It's the falcons, but why they've come back I  have no clue."

No comments:

Post a Comment