Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Find the Escape

I banged on the door as hard as I could , bruising my fists in the process, but it was no use. It fell to deaf ears. However, I was not without hope. I remembered the passage  Mamba had shown me. The only problem was I had no idea where to start. I walked slowly with my arms stretched out in front of me until I could feel a wall. I couldn't recall if Mamba rhythmically knocked on that one, or merely slid the wall. I tried both methods. Neither one brought me any such luck. Perhaps another wall would work. I guided my hand along the wall until I felt a corner. I prepared to knock when someone struck a match behind me. I turned around to see Ruth's face illuminated by a torch. "I knew you'd be back." She says. "Where is he? What did you do with him?" "Not a thing." "Why should I believe you?" "He's not strong enough to take me down.""But, he was with Penny." "I know, and she is the most rebellious of the falcons, yet still I am not concerned." "Why is that?" I ask. "Because they are mine, and I want them back." "They aren't yours. They lived with us in the sky."  Ruth points the torch to the floor. The light reveals a giant falcon being adorned with gold and jewels. "Do you understand now? They are mine. They were stolen." "I know they used to live here, but we've owned them for a very long time." "There was nothing legal about the transaction." She replies. "I don't know anything about that, but maybe we can all learn to live together."Ruth turns away. "Or maybe now we should fight harder than ever." Her eyes light up. "Yes, I have you as my general, and we shall be victorious." "Technically, I'm not the general anymore." I remark. "I'm aware of the deal that was made, but you signed the papers. You are my general and we shall win."

No comments:

Post a Comment