Followers

Friday, January 1, 2016

Find the Cabin

I don't understand how we how we made it to the cabin with no instructions, but we found it. All we did was walk continuously for hours. Eventually the forest thinned out. At that point we could see a teeny, tiny, cozy cabin. I suppose there was no way of knowing whether this was the right place. It is possible that it could belong to someone else, but I wanted to trust that this was the right house. We had been walking all night, and desperately needed to rest. I knocked on the door and eagerly waited for a response. A moment later a woman with a baker's apron answered the door. "Yes?" She says in a frail voice. "Your husband is a hunter?" I ask. "He is." She responds. "We met him briefly. He told us about your cabin, and asked us to seek refuge there." I explain. The baker glances past me to see the many falcons as well as Peter and Olivia. "All of you?" she asks. "I would assume so." The baker bites her lip. "I don't know about the birds, but I'm sure I could make space for everyone else." "That's fine, the birds are used to being outside." Peter jumps in. The baker opens her door wide. "I will give you shelter from the storm."

No comments:

Post a Comment