Followers

Saturday, September 10, 2016

All Clear?

To our surprise and delight, leaving the abandoned building was a piece of cake. No one tried to stop us. Not Davies, not Eagle Eyes, not any of the many soldiers. No one. The hallways were vacant. Outside was an eerie calm. All the streetlights were lit (Eagle Eye's work.) I wanted to be happy. I wanted to celebrate, but it seemed too good to be true. I knew we couldn't be out of the woods yet.

Meanwhile, high in the sky, on the top floor, Eagle Eyes studies us through the scope on his sniper rifle while Todd sits behind a desk and works on the blue prints. "I could pick them off one by one. It wouldn't difficult at all." Eagle Eyes says. "Then why don't you?" Todd asks. "Because where is the fun in that? I want a challenge." "So, we strike in the middle of the night?" "We strike when they least suspect it. I want a worthy challenger. Don't worry. I know they can't go far."

No comments:

Post a Comment