Followers

Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Rescue

Olivia pushed Zip to the ground which caused him to drop his gun. "What the hell are you doing?" She shouted. "I'm helping." "You're helping? Get out of here."  Zip picked himself off he ground and grabbed his gun. "You really want me to leave?" He asked. "Yes, go." Without saying another word Zip walked down the hall. "He can turn on us you know." I say. " Yeah, I know. I know the pink hearts can wear off any minute, but I don't care. I'd rather not have him involved if that's how he is going to help." Olivia and I continued to work on the wall. Admittedly Zip's reckless firing did help. Because of that we were able to get to the other side in no time. There we saw the saddest thing. Norm was in the corner of the room tucked into a ball. He was shaking like crazy. I had never seen him look more like a frightened animal than at that moment. I slowly walked over to Norm. I gently placed my hand on his shoulder. This proved to be a bad idea. He quickly uncurled himself and clawed my wrist. I stepped back in shock, and pressed my left hand up against my wrist. Olivia not wanting to take any more chances, shot Norm with pink hearts. The effect caused him to sit down on the floor. His face then looked tired and melancholy. He knew exactly what he had done. "Did I hurt you?" He asked. "You did, but you you didn't mean to. It was all the adrenaline." Olivia answers. "Yeah, I guess so. Why were you guys firing at the wall?" "We weren't." I reply, ripping off a piece of my cape to wrap around my wrist. "That was Zip." Olivia adds. "He's not here, is he?" "No, he's not." Norm exhales. "Good. Shall we get out of here?" Olivia looks at the boarded up door. "No, not that way. They've been banging on that door. We gotta leave the way you came in." "But that's where Zip came from." I reply. Olivia glances at the hole in the wall. "It doesn't matter. Either way they'll catch up to us."

No comments:

Post a Comment