Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Bury Zip

Zip had never stepped foot in the Waiting Room before so he had no idea there was no escape, but he would soon find that out. He groped the walls and searched for an exit. "Where's the door?" "There is no door." I reply. "Then how do we get out of here?" Olivia points in the other direction to the E.R. Zip squints. Olivia sighs. "We go back into the medical wing." Zip shakes his head. "No, we can't do that." "And why not?" Olivia asks. "Because if you leave through that door they'll know I helped you. They'll question me. I don't know what to tell them. I don't know why I helped you." "Then what do you suggest we do?" I ask. Zip snaps his fingers. "I got it." He then lays down on the floor. "Bury me." "What?" I say. "Just throw some of the rubble on me." "Don't have to tell me twice." Norm replies. "Wait. And then what? Won't you still get chewed out if we overpowered you?" I question. "I will, but trust me. It will look much better for me if it looks like I'm hurt." Olivia looks to me. "I don't mind." We spent the next ten minuets burring Zip in bits of the coach and wall. When he was up to his neck we decided to stop. "There that should be good. I can move my right arm, but not much else." "What if they don't find you right away?" I ask. Zip stares at me for a moment as if it were the stupidest question I could ask. "Are you kidding? I'm very important. All those soldiers know where I went. I won't be gone for long." Norm, Olivia and I shake our heads. "Now get out of here while you can."

No comments:

Post a Comment