Followers

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sirens

"But if there are sirens that could mean something happened? What happened? Are we being invaded? Is this the end times? Oh no it's the end of the world, isn't it? I can't take it." Norm starts to hyperventilate. Olivia grabs him by the shoulders and slaps his face. He quickly snaps out of it. "I think I needed that." "It's fine to worry. But it's not gonna get us anywhere." "Maybe we should check it out?" I suggest. "That's not a bad idea." Olivia says. The three of us walk outside. Except for the wind blowing, we can't hear anything. At least not anything that would be troubling. "Maybe it was just a testing?" I say. "Maybe, but why would they do that?" Olivia asks. "Who knows? Why would they choose to do anything?" "I mean it's illogical. If everyone is in that building why would  they need to alert anybody?" "Maybe they weren't alerting anybody. Maybe it was to lure us of out." I say, pointing to the Malt Shop. Olivia shrugs. "Well, it worked." Norm raises his ears and shushes us. "Quiet, I hear something." Without saying anther word, Norm runs off. We chase after him down a narrow alley, climbing over a fence, and through a valley. "We're almost there. I can feel it." He says, eagerly. We walk a little further and stop at a muddy flowing stream. Olivia and I are confused. Norm is happy as can be. "I knew I heard running water."

No comments:

Post a Comment