Followers

Monday, September 19, 2016

Wild Ride

Norm's mouth opened wide like a small child on Christmas morning. I examined the muddy stream to try and see exactly what Norm saw. "Isn't it great?" He said. "What am I looking at?" "This." He replied simply. Waving his good paw at the stream. Olivia and I scratched our heads. "Are we missing something?" Olivia wondered. "No, this is everything." I leaned in even closer. This proved to be quite foolish for I lost my balance and fell in. The water was flowing much quicker than I realized. Olivia and Norm did not skip a beat. They jump in after me, but the current was too much for us. It took us further and further down stream. We went down bends and twists. We were going so fast I could barely keep my head above water, let alone see any of the scenery. Before we knew it we hit a water drainage grate, hard. It was painful, and the impact was enough to knock the wind out of us, but we were all thankful that that particular ride had ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment