Followers

Friday, September 23, 2016

Tunnel Walk

We walked for miles through the underground tunnels. It didn't seem as if we were making any progress towards finding Freddy. We were all skeptical. Olivia and I kept our comments to ourselves. Norm, not so much. "I thought you knew where he was." "No, I said I had an idea." "Oh, an idea. A precious idea." Norm mocks. "Do you have any ideas?" Sgt. Rodgers asks. "I have loads of them. My first would be to get the fuck out of the sewer." "We can't. At least not yet." She says. "And why not?" "Because there are more of them then there are of us. You want them to detect us easily? Fine, we'll go to the surface." Norm takes a deep breath. "We can stay down here." Sgt. Rodgers smiles smugly. "Good." There is a brief silence as we continue walking. "So, why did they turn against you?" I ask. "I'm not ready to answer." "That's a shame because I'm ready to ask." "Ask away, but I won't answer." I turn to Olivia. "You want to heart her again?" "No, it's not worth it. Let's just find Freddy and then we can part." "Yes, we can all go our separate ways. If you find a way out of this city that is." "We'll get out." I say confidently. Sgt. Rodgers chuckles. "We will. " She ignores my last comment. "Up ahead we're going to take a left. It's an abandoned subway station. We can set up there."

No comments:

Post a Comment