Followers

Sunday, September 4, 2016

the Barracks

The three of us groped the walls of the Waiting Room. Olivia and I hoped that perhaps Norm could find a hinge or a button that we missed, but no such luck. We could not find any doors and knew once again that this was not the way out. "Back to the E.R.?" I suggest. "No way. That's suicide going back there." Norm shouts. "Well we can't go in through the barracks." I reply. "Sure we can." Olivia says. "What are you talking about that's even worse." "No it's not. They're all sleeping." Olivia started to walk out of the Waiting Room. Norm followed closely. I stood where I was, dumbfounded. After a minute , Olivia realized I wasn't following. "Come on, we'll be quiet."  I didn't want to argue anymore. I sighed and walked with them.
The entrance to the barracks had missing 2 by 4's from where Zip exited. We quietly entered, making  sure not to make a sound. It was pitch black, so all the more reason to be careful. The only noise we heard was snoring. Believe it or not, that was surprisingly helpful.  It allowed us to gage how far we could walk to any one side. Olivia guided the way with myself and Norm closely behind her. In no time we reached the end of the  barracks. The only problem was we hit another wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment