Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Waist Deep

We jumped in the opening. The dirty water was waist deep so Norm rode on my shoulders. There was an absolutely horrendous smell. I guess I must have winced because Olivia assured me it wasn't sewage. I suppose it was somewhat to comforting to at least know I wasn't walking in waste. That is until we walked a little further and saw the flicker of light. Someone was having a bonfire, but who? We continued down the path, trying as hard as we could to keep quiet. Not an easy task when you are splashing in water, and I guess we weren't successful because as soon as we made it around the bend we saw Sgt. Rodgers looking up at is in eager anticipation. Her clothes were ripped and dirty, and she looked like she hadn't slept in days. Norm growled fiercely. "Easy." She said. "I'm unarmed, unmanned, and my strength in waning. Why don't you have a seat by me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment