Followers

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Set Up Base

Sgt. Rodgers led us to a grand, abandoned subway station. There were huge pillars and marble floors. Oddly there were no cobwebs, and nothing was decayed with time. Norm jumped off my shoulders and onto the the train tracks. "Careful." Sgt. Rodgers shouted. "Don't you know about the third rail?" "Thought that was a myth." Norm says. "It's not." She snaps back. We follow Sgt. Rodgers a short distance down the tracks to a lonely subway car. "I thought this could be a good place to set up our base. There's windows, so we can see, but we'll also be semi protected. What do you think?" "I think we need to see the inside." I reply. Sgt. Rodgers shakes her head. She knows my request is stupid, but she says nothing further. We walk to the side and she forces the doors open. "Usually they're automatic, but, you know." She informs. "I know." I say, tiredly. Sgt. Rodgers bites her lip. "Well, take your look."  The three of us view the inside. There is nothing spectacular about it. In fact, any other occasion it would be revolting. The seats were ripped. Some were missing, and the lights were flickering on and off. "What do you think?" She asks eagerly. "It smells funny." Olivia says. "Yes, it does. A hobo probably used it as a bathroom at one point." Sgt. Rodgers responds as a matter of factly. Olivia makes a horrified face. "We were just in the sewer. " Sgt. Rodgers reminds. "Good point." Sgt. Rodgers turns to leave through the open door. "Where are you going?" I ask. "We need supplies. I'll be back." Without saying another word, Sgt. Rodgers leaves, closing the door behind her from outside. I watch her get on the platform and then try to open the door with no luck. "What's the matter?" Olivia asks. "I think she locked us in."

No comments:

Post a Comment