Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Wandering the Ghost Town

The abandoned city was ours. We could wander anywhere we liked in the cracked and broken ghost town. Occasionally we'd look back to see how far we had traveled, but in those moments all we could see was a dense fog. We knew not where we were going. All we knew was that we had to keep walking and eventually the answer would come to us. Norm smacked his lips. "I'm thirsty." "Yeah, me too." I reply. "Wish I brought some water." Olivia says. "How about that?" Norm asks, pointing to a run down malt shop across the street. The windows were cracked and the M was missing in Malt. "You can't be serious." Olivia responds. "I am. I'm not picky." "Even if I didn't think that place would be crawling with diseases, do you really think a malt would be the best choice right now?" "We could always do tap water." He says. "Tap water? I bet the water has been turned off for years." "Perhaps, but we can at least sit down. I'm beat." He says. Olivia shakes her head. "Fine, we can take a rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment