Followers

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Shh, Listen

"That was fun. I mean I didn't like that last part, but what a ride." Norm exclaims. "I know right. It ended far too abruptly." I reply. "Guys, this wasn't a ride." Olivia jumps in. "Yeah, but we can turn it in to a ride." Norm says. "Why not? It would be like a lazy river." Norm smiles. "Better than a lazy river." You're right. Lazy River's are too slow sometimes." Norm nods at my comment. "Way too slow. When I go on a ride I don't want to be stuck there for hours, and I want a big splash at the end." "Yes, they don't always have big splashes." I excitedly agree. "Guys ,quiet." Olivia says, interrupting our banter. "Sorry, you don't feel included?" Norm asks. "No, it's not that. Listen. Someone is here." Norm and I put our ears close to the grate. Indeed we could hear someone faintly walking around. Olivia pulls off the grate. "What are you doing?" I ask. "We have to go down there." "You think that's a wise idea?" Norm questions. "Yes, I do." Without another word, Olivia  jumps into the opening. Norm and I shrug and follow after her.

No comments:

Post a Comment