Followers

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Back to the Show

The audience shuffled back into the room and the man in the black suit resumed his speech. Once again he spoke passionately with grand gestures, and once again I couldn't hear a word he was saying. It was especially baffling because I was talking to him before the second half. For whatever reason he wanted me to stick around for the rest. I don't know why I agreed to. I didn't understand him one bit. Perhaps I was to polite to say no. So I sat there with glassy eyes and the blankest expression. Several times it seemed as if he was making direct eye contact with me. I brushed it off , thinking he probably chooses two or three people in every show. Then everyone in audience gradually turned to look at me. I started to feel self conscious. Were they making fun of me? Finally the woman seated next to me explained. "Aren't you gonna go on stage?" "Huh?" "He's been talking about you for the past ten minutes. He wants you to join him up there." I looked back at the stage. The speaker gives me a "come here" gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment