Followers

Friday, April 7, 2017

Helping Hand

"Oh my goodness. How are you? How was your time? I bet you saw many shows. So many shows. I mean you'd have to when if you're in Hoppersville. Hoppersville is known for the arts. Did you know that once upon a time I played King Lear? But enough about me. What did you think? What did you do?" An excited Jacob pauses to catch his breath. "We went to a bar." I say. "A bar?" "Yeah, the Flea's Bar. " Olivia adds. Jacob rolls his eyes. "You went to that?" "It's possible that beetle dropped us off on the wrong side of town because we didn't see much of anything else." I say. "To be fair many of the grasshoppers are hybernateing this time of year,but you two were gone for some time. Surely you must have gone elsewhere." He states. "We also saw River Bank." Olivia says. "River Bank. That's a good town too." "It was, but I think we're ready to be big again." Olivia replies. "Ah. The life of a bug is not for everyone." Jacob says. "No it's not. Is Hilda around?" Olivia asks. "She's out." "Where is she?" Jacob shakes his head.  "Business trip I guess." We both sigh loudly. "Hey, it's nothing to fret about." He assures. "What do you mean?" Olivia demands. "I've watched her dozens of times. I think I can make the spell myself." "I don't know about this." I say. "Trust me." Jacob puts out his hand. Olivia and I reluctantly climb on and he takes us inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment