Followers

Friday, April 21, 2017

The Way Back

"I didn't expect to see you here." I say to Hilda. "And I didn't expect to see you." She replies. "I was merely trying get bigger, and then I ended up on a beach." Hilda smiles. "Did Jacob give you a potion?" "Yes. Did he do it wrong?" I ask. "Oh no. He did everything right." "Then why am I here?" Hilda smiles again. She walks up to me. "He worries about me sometimes. He must have been thinking about me while he was making the potion." "And that would have brought me to you?" I  question. Hilda nods. "It can. Some relationships are so powerful that the people are forever tethered together even though they may be miles apart. You probably have something similar with your lady friend." "I do." "By the way where is she?" "She didn't take the potion." "Well,she should. You should ask her to." She says. "Ok. How?" "Simple. Open your eyes." "What?" "Open your eyes. " She says again. I know it's silly, but I decide to play along. I close my eyes. I sit there for a moment, staring at the red and green lights that appear behind my closed lids. I then open my eyes. To my amazement I find myself sitting on the kitchen counter. Jacob is delighted by my return. "Welcome back. " He says. I don't respond. I'm too busy searching for Olivia. I jump off the counter and search underneath me. "Where is she?" I shout. "She's gone." "What do you mean she's gone?" "She took the potion shortly after you did. Don't worry. She'll be back."

No comments:

Post a Comment