Followers

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Discussing Classics

"She took the potion? When?" "Oh I don't know shortly after you did. I suppose it was a Romero and Juliet thing." Jacob says. I roll my eyes. "I hope not." "It ended in a double suicide." "Must you put a negative spin on a classic story?" He says sharply. "I'm not. It wasn't a happy story by any stretch of the imagination. In the very beginning they were reffered to as Star Crossed Lovers. That means fate was against them. They were doomed from the start." Jacob huffs. He crosses his arms. "Maybe." There is a brief silence.  "So what happened? Did I just diasappear?" I  ask. "That's exactly what happened." "How long was I gone for?" "Fifteen minuets." "Only fifteen minuets?" I say, surprised. "Only fifteen minutes." He assures. I look down at my dangling bare feet. "That's not long, but probably just enough time." I leap off the counter. I start to exit the kitchen. Jacob stops me. "Where are you going?" "Find shoes. I can only go barefoot for so long." "And what about her?" He asks. "We have some time to kill. Don't you think it would make more sense if I spent these minutes searching for footwear as opposed to mindlessly sitting around?" Jacob sighs. "I suppose. But I will accompany you.  I will not have you tear Hilda's Inn apart."

No comments:

Post a Comment