Followers

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Home Repair

Luckily the baby robins were not injured by the flying rock,  and the hole in the nest was only about the size of a quarter. I shouldn't say only. When you are small, something that size is huge. It could easily be a day project, or longer. Olivia and I rolled up our sleeves and got to work. It was quite difficult in the beginning. It would appear as though progress was being made, and then it would cave in. It would do this every time. "I don't understand what we're doing wrong." Olivia says. "Well, how do birds do it?" I  ask. "Exactly what we are doing. They gather twigs together." All the sudden a thought occurs to me. "But how do they get the leaves and twigs to stick together?" "They... oh... no I don't want to do that." "It might be the only way." I say. Olivia sighs. "Very well." Olivia and I spit untill our mouths are dry and we are all but out of phlegm. By the time we are done working there is an aweful stentch, and our hands are sticky, but the wall holds up. Mrs. Robin admires our work. She then gives us permission to go to the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment