Followers

Thursday, April 27, 2017

The City's Potential

"You really wanna go back to the abandoned city?" I question. "Yeah. It has a lot of potential." Olivia replies. "Like what?" "Well, I didn't see any hotels there. We could be the first one. Imagine how much money we'd make." I squint my eyes.  "We wouldn't make anything. There's nobody there." Olivia leaps off the counter. "Don't be so negative. There's always a wayward traveler." "Maybe, but even still there's no real reason to come there. It's nothing but decay." I say. "Which is we gotta start the beautification process." Olivia adds. I shake my head.  "Do you have any idea how long that would take?" "Just the two of us? A lifetime. But it won't be like that. Not for very long." She says, excitedly. "What are you talking about?" "People will help as soon as they see us making something of the city." "What people?" Olivia rests a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry about it. " she says with a reassuring smile. "You really wanna do this, huh?" She smiles at me even bigger. "I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment