Followers

Friday, April 14, 2017

Staff Meeting

If this were 1998 I'd have no trouble finding a payphone, but it is 2017 and payphones are hardly abundant. What I had to do was find someone who works at the hotel and ask kindly if I could use their phone. I thought it would be an easy task, but I couldn't find anyone who worked there. All the offices were vacant and there was no one at the front desk. I wandered the hotel hallways till I noticed the door to the conference room was ajar. I pushed the door open. There I saw a room filled with people wearing various uniforms staring at a man in a black suit. It was obvious it was some sort of staff meeting.  I knew now was not the time to ask to use the phone. So I sat myself in a empty chair in the back. I folded my hands in my lap and I patiently waited for the man in the suit to finish his speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment