Followers

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Making the Potion

Jacob placed us on the kitchen counter. We came close to being smashed by either a bowl, or a spoon or a bottle. We had to constantly remind him that we were down there. It was a bit irratating, but he was helping us, so we took it as best as we could. Jacob pulled practically every bottle off the shelf. He poured the bottles into a bowl and stirred it together. "So, how do you know how to do this?" Olivia asks. "I've been going to Hilda's for years. I've seen her do this dozens of times. She often explains the process to me. I guess she figured one day I'd have to do it myself." "Yes, but-" "Don't worry. I'm not a professional, but I'm the next best thing." We both force a polite laugh.  Jacob grabs an eye dropper.  He sucks up a little bit of the liquid into the dropper. He then grabs two teeny, tiny bottles and carefully squeezes the liquid in. "Bottoms up." He says, handing us the bottles. I grab the bottle, but I stare at the remaining liquid in the bowl. "What about that? Isn't that a waste?" I  ask. "Not at all. That can be used for me get small again later." I shrug. "I guess that makes me feel better." "Yes. Nothing to worry about.  Nothing is wasted. Everything can be used again. I just always have to make sure the portions are right." "What would happen if the portions are off?" I ask. "Well, it could quite lethal." He says flippantly. "What?" Olivia shouts. "It can only be harmful when you are small and had way too much." "What's too much?" Olivia asks. "I don't know.  I only what's just enough." Olivia sighs. "This is not comforting in the slightest. Where is Hilda?" "I told you she's away." "When will she be back?" "I don't know. If you like, we could wait for her,but that may be a while." "No. I trust you. " I say. Olivia turns to me. "Are you serious?" "Yeah, I don't think he'd harm us." I say. " Not intentionally, but it could still kill us." "Then I'll haunt his ass." I take a huge swig. It doesn't taste like anything at first, and then everything goes black.

No comments:

Post a Comment