Followers

Monday, April 24, 2017

Purple Shoes

Jacob rummaged through a closet.He pulled out a pair of purple, orthopedic shoes and handed them to me.  They weren't exactly my ideal fashion choice, but I didnt want to turn them down either. I slipped my feet into the shoes. They were surprisingly comfortable, and they fit perfectly. "How do they feel?" Jacob asks. "Good. Real good." Jacob smiles. "They're yours." "Won't Hilda mind?" I ask.  Jacob shakes his head.  "Not at all she'd want you to have the proper footware for when you started your next journey. By the way where shall your next journey be?" I shrug. "Don't know. Been sorta playing it by ear." "And how's that been working out?" He asks. "Fair to middle." Jacob chuckles. "Perhaps your other half will know where to go." "Perhaps. All I know is that this is my third pair of shoes I've gotten on my travels." "Where did the others go?" "The bottom of the Atlantic ocean, or at least one pair did." Jacob smiles. "We should get back to the kitchen. She'll return soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment