Followers

Friday, June 2, 2017

After Hours

We went back to Norm's Fantasmagorical Fountain Shop.  There wasn't anyone in line and the sign was off. It was obvious they were closed for the day. I could see Norm cleaning the tables through the window.  I knocked on the door. A second later Wilber greeted us with a smile. "Come on in." He says with a twinkle in his eye. We walk into the now vacant shop. "Norm, you can stop now." "Not yet. I still have work to do." Norm replies, scrubbing away. "We're a good team." Wilber says. He usher us to sit down at a newly cleaned booth. "Business was really booming, huh?" I say. Wilber nods. "And it'll be even better tomorrow." Olivia smiles. Wilber points to the window. "Someone's coming by tomorrow and patching it up." "Who?" I ask. Wilber shrugs. "Don't know. Don't think he was in my division. But fixing widows is what he did before the war so he said he'd help me out." "Look at you making connections."  I say. Wilber shakes his head. "No, this is how it is supposed to be." "That may be, but how did you do it?"Olivia asks. "I told you. I remembered who I was, and because of that everyone else is starting to remember who they are." "So, it's leading by example?" Olivia suggests. "I guess you could say that." "Does that mean the whole city will transform back to the way it was?" I ask. "It may take some time, but yes." I lean back in my seat. "Wow, I'm curious to see how it all looks in the end." Wilber breaths deeply. "Me too." "I'm not." Olivia says quietly. "Why not?" I ask. "This is exciting." "Because." She says, turning to the window. "We took something that wasn't ours."

No comments:

Post a Comment