Followers

Monday, June 12, 2017

Going Live

"Find anything interesting?" Olivia asks, as she walks back into the control room. "Nothing but static. You were right. I should have listened."  Olivia pats me on the back. "One day you'll learn." I turn my chair around. "So, what did you get?" Olivia empties her pockets. A dozen candy bars plop onto the concrete floor. "Damn." I say in admiration. "I didn't mean to get that many." "Hey, I'm not complaining."  I grab a candy bar, unwrap it, and take a huge bite. I don't know if it is because I haven't eaten all day or if its that good, but in this moment I am in heaven. I close my eyes, savoring every bite. "Oh my God." Olivia shouts. I open my eyes. Olivia has a shocked and horrified look on her face. "It isn't that weird." I say, defensively. "No, turn around." Olivia urges. I turn my chair around. There on one of the portable T.V. screens, I see the mad prisoner who we let go previously. He is punching and kicking a police officer. The footage is grainy and black and white, but I know without a doubt that that is him. "At lest we know what got him here." Olivia says. "No we don't." I reply. "What do you mean?" She asks. "There's no tape in there." "You mean we're live?" "Yeah." "You mean this is happening now?" I bite my lip and nod slowly. "We have to get out of here."

No comments:

Post a Comment