Followers

Friday, June 23, 2017

Why the Flower?

Wilber burst into the flower shop. His anger level was at a ten. His face was red. He could explode at any moment. But when he finally saw Bella he wasn't nearly as articulate as he hoped he would be. "Why'd you do it?" "Excuse me?" Bella says, cocking her head slightly. "Why'd you do it?" He repeats. "I'm sorry. Do what?" "The flower. Why'd you do it?" "Oh. You own the fountain shop. Did you like it?" She asks."It was lovely. But why'd you do that? You expecting free ice cream?" "No. Nothing of the sort. I just did it to be nice." "No one does things just to be nice." Wilber snaps. "I do." She replies. Wilber takes a deep breath. "You were being nice?" " I was. I can see that was a mistake." She says. "Are you new to the area?"Wilber asks, changing the subject. "I am, but I know you are too. Hence the flower." Wilber shakes his head. He glances down at his feet. "I'm a jackass." She places a hand on his shoulder. "You are,but I can forget." "Can I get a tour of your store?" He asks.  Bella smiles back at him. "I'd love to ."

No comments:

Post a Comment