Followers

Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Unconscious Body

The mad prisoner was sprawled out on the floor with his eyes closed. He was unconscious, but he was alive. Norm made sure of it. He took the madman's pulse with his little paws. "C'mon buddy, wake up." He says, slapping the man's face. Norm turns sharply to Olivia. "What did you do?" "I don't know. That doesn't usually happen." Olivia responds, shakily. "Doesn't usually happen? You mean it happens sometimes?" Norm snaps. "We had no choice. The man is unstable." I say, jumping in. Norm inches towards me. He lowers his voice."I don't care if you guys were right or wrong. Having someone pass out is bad for business." "That may be, but what's done is done." Norm shakes his head. "No. You're gonna get this body out of here." "And do what with it?" "I don't know. Drop it off at the flower shop. I don't care what you do, just get rid of it." I sigh loudly. "What about the customers?" "What about the customers?" He repeats. "They're not stupid. They saw the whole spectacle." Norm smiles. "I'll simply explain it was elaborate performance art." "You really think that'll work?" "Yes. Now go. Get that thing out of here."

No comments:

Post a Comment