Followers

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Preparing for Busy Time

"Where's the boss?" Norm asks me and Olivia. "He went next door to yell at the florist." I reply, casually.  Norm squints. "He did." Olivia says. "Well, you have any idea when he'll be done with his tirade?" "Fuck if I know." I say. Norm scratches his head. "This is a problem. We're approaching the early evening hours. That's our busiest time." "I'm sure Freddy can help you." I say. Norm glares at me.  "We'd be glad to help." Olivia replies.  Norm nods. "Great. I have some extra aprons and hats in the back." "So, you want us to scoop ice cream then?" I ask. Norm chuckles. "Oh no, you guys aren't ready for that yet." "Then what do you want us to do?" I ask. Norm scratches his head. "Let's see..." He points to Olivia. "Register." Then he looks at me and smiles wide. "And you will draw the crowds."

No comments:

Post a Comment