Followers

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Unlock the Lock

It's amazing to me how one could be in a crowded room with terrible acoustics, but that person could somehow zero in on one particular noise. That's how it was when I locked the door to the fountain shop. I have no idea if raccoons have particularly sharp hearing, but Norm's head darted up as soon as he heard the lock. "What are you doing?" He shouts from across the room. "There's a madman." I reply. "A madman?" He scoffs. "Yes, a madman." I say, trying my best to cover the door window with my body. Norm leaps over the counter and walks over to me. "What's this madman look like? Did he have a gun or a knife?" "No. Nothing of the sort." "Then how do you know he's mad?" "Well, he had a long beard and crazy eyes." "Is he homeless?" Norm asks. "I believe so." "But he's got money?" "I don't think so." "How do you know that? He could have some money. At least enough for a cone." Norm insists. "What makes you think that?" I ask. Norm pulls me away from the door. He then hops up and unlocks the door. "Just let me deal with this, alright? As long as Wilber is away I'm the boss. And I say let him in."

No comments:

Post a Comment