Followers

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Bad Apple

We were off in search of the mad prisoner. We weren't sure what we'd do when we found him. I suppose we didn't think that far ahead, but we knew we had to deal with him one way another. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending how you look at it it didn't take long to locate him. He was in the same exact spot that we left him. This time, however, he was sleeping in a damp, cardboard box.  Olivia kicked his exposed legs. The mad prisoner utters a string of profanity. "Get up, you piece of shit." Olivia shouts. He grumbles and slowly sits up. He hits the ceiling of his cardboard box. As a result old rain water falls on his head. It matts his hair into his eyes. He brushes his hair away. "Oh. Hello." He says, looking up at us. "Don't hello me. We know what you did." Olivia says. "What? Sleeping?" "You beat up a cop." I jump in. The prisoner smiles big. "Oh yeah.  I did that." "You admit it?" I ask. "Of course. That was a long time ago though." "What are you talking about? We just saw it." Olivia insists. "That doesn't mean anything. I was here all night." Olivia takes a deep breath. "Even if you were that doesn't matter." "Yes it does. Haven't you two ever heard of statue of limitations?" "I don't think it applies to this. You weren't done with your term." I say. "Fuck that." He shouts. Neither Olivia nor I say anything. "Look, if it makes you two feel better they had it coming." "How did they have it coming?" I ask. "They were corrupt. All of them. I was single handedly making this city a better place." He insists. Olivia looks deep into his eyes. "I don't believe you." She says, without breaking the stare. "I don't care." "You should." "What are gonna do? Make a citizen's arrest?" He snorts. "That's exactly what I'm gonna do." Olivia fires a pink heart into his chest. A moment later he falls down into his box bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment