Followers

Friday, June 30, 2017

Not Here

Dragging an unconscious body with Olivia was bad. Doing it by myself was even worse. I have no idea why the madman passed out after Olivia shot him with pink hearts. Perhaps it was an allergic reaction of some sort. Then again I'm not a doctor. What do I know? I drag the body to the sidewalk because I'm a good little helper. Because I'm obedient. Because right now Norm is the boss, and whatever Norm says goes. I stop before I get to the flower shop though. I don't want this to be Bella' s problem. Once I figure the proper distance from Norm's to leave the body, I keel over. It takes me a while to catch my breath. In that time I hear Wilber wobble over to me. "Everything alright?" He asks. "It is now." I say, catching my breath. "That a drunkard?" Wilber asks, pointing to the passed out madman with his crutch. "Sort of. " "Well, please remove him, whatever he is. It's bad for business." "How?" "Wake him up." "But he won't wake up." I say. Wilber smiles. "I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're smart enough." He then wobbles past me. "But if he wakes up-" "You mean when he wakes up." Wilber interrupts. "When he wakes up what do you want me to do with him?" Wilber shrugs. "I don't know.  Use your best judgement. Just don't leave him here."

No comments:

Post a Comment