Followers

Friday, June 9, 2017

Finding Us

Viewing home movies is a strange, and often times uncomfortable experience. You recoil at your former self. You think "is that me? Do I sound like that?" However, after watching the surveillance tape for a while I longed for home movies. The footage was of poor quality. It was all black and white. The shots were static. They felt like they stretched out till the end of time. Finally, we showed up on the frame wandering around and wrecking havok. Olivia ejected the tape. She pulled the tape out of its plastic container and smashed it with her fist. We had destroyed the evidence. We could now leave, but curiosity was getting the better of me. I picked up a random tape. "What are you doing?" She asks. "Want to watch another one?" "Fuck no." She says, quickly. "Aren't you curious what's on it?" "No. I know exactly what's on it...nothing." "I'm not so sure about that. I mean why would they keep all these tapes if there was nothing to see?" I ask. Olivia shrugs. "They're probably just lazy." There is a brief pause. Olivia sighs. "You wanna watch it? Knock yourself out. I'm gonna go find a vending machine."

No comments:

Post a Comment