Followers

Monday, June 19, 2017

Freddy's Card Game

Playing cards with Freddy was much like playing with a five year old. We weren't playing a pre existing game. At least nothing I ever heard of, and the rules constantly changed. It seemed every card I wanted to play I couldn't because Freddy would remember a new rule. At first it was kinda fun. However, it didn't take too long for the charm to wear off. What started off as sort of cute thing quickly became annoying. Then annoyance gave way to boredom. Eventually Freddy was as bored as I was. He lost interest in his own game and started making little card houses. He never made it more than one floor, but he was tenacious. He kept trying.  Olivia came by at that point to rescue me. "How's the card game?" She asks. "It was a tie." Freddy says as his card house falls again. "Really?" "Yeah, we're both of equal skill." Freddy says. "What can I say?" I reply with a shrug and a smile. "Well, if you guys aren't too busy-" "We're not." Freddy interrupts. "If you guys aren't too busy." Olivia says, picking up as if nothing happened. "You wanna check out the flower shop next door? It just opened up." "I'd love to." I spring out of the booth. "You wanna see it,Freddy?" Olivia asks. "No, I'm not interested." "Now's our chance." I whisper to Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment