Followers

Sunday, November 29, 2015

A little Chat

The hunter laces his boots. He wears a similar garb as before except minus the bow and arrows. Todd eagerly steps towards the hunter." What are you so excited about? I said we'd talk. That's all." "That's fine." Todd replies. The hunter clears his throat. He points to the armchair. "You might as well take a seat." Todd sits down. " What do you know about them?" The hunter asks. "The tribe? Not much at all." "Where are you from?" "A city in the sky that was destroyed." "What are your plans?" The hunter questions. "I told you." "Remind me." Todd sighs. "I need to recover my lost falcons as well as my employees." "And then what?" He questions. "Then we may build a new society." "Here?" "That was the idea." "So were you planning on kicking everyone out?" Todd shakes his head. "No I'd work with them." "After waging a war with them first, right?" "No, I don't want war." Todd insists.
"How can I trust you?" "Listen, do I look like a man of war?" The hunter eyes Todd in his cardigan sweater. "No, you do not." The hunter takes a pause to reevaluate his strategy. " I suppose you want help?" He says. "I wasn't asking, but if you're offering." "I wasn't." The hunter barks.
"Are you done interrogating me?" Todd asks. "No, I'm not." "We're from there." The baker chimes in. "Why did you leave?" Todd asks. "We had to get out of there." The hunter says, shortly. "We had to go. It wasn't for us." The baker adds. "What was so bad about it?" Todd wonders. "It's not important. Just don't go there." The hunter shouts. "Look I'm going whether you help me or not." Todd admits. The hunter clenches his fists. "If I let you go by yourself you'll probably get hurt. I can't have that on my head." "Does that mean you'll help me?" The hunter sighs. "Yes, we'll suit you up and then figure out a plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment