Followers

Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Pits

I watch as Olivia attempts to climb out of the pit. She'll grab a hold of the wall only to have it crumble in her hands seconds later. "Why are you just watching?" She asks, impatiently. I stand and offer to give her a boost. She steps on my hand. I try to push her up, but it's still a ways to the surface. She steps off my hand." How about I try? I am a little bit taller than you." I suggest. Olivia shakes her head. "It would still be a good foot." "Maybe we can get our falcon to save us?" "She would never fit down here." Olivia says. "No, but maybe she could widen the hole enough for us to escape." "That could work.." "But?" I say, trying to force the words out of Olivia's mouth. "But if we call to her someone is bound to hear us. We don't want that kind of attention." "What difference does it make? We fell into a trap that was designed by them. They'll find us sooner or later." "You have a point." With that Olivia takes a deep breath to prepare her lungs for the falcon call.

No comments:

Post a Comment