Followers

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Rescuer

Digging oneself out of a hole is a difficult task that is only made easier through the aide of friends. Fortunately we had a feathered friend that was willing to help us. The original plan was for Penny to peck and peck at the opening until it was wide enough for her to swoop down and save us, but as soon as she got there we realized it might not be necessary. We thought that if she could just peek her in in then we might be able to grab hold. Olivia wanted me to be the first one one out. I'm not sure why, but she was quite insistent on that. I stepped up on her hand, and she boosted me up. Penny poked her head in. I stretched my arms out as far as I could until I was able to grab her beak. I then shouted to Olivia to grab onto my ankles. Penny lifted us up. This plan would have been flawless, but her beak was much slipperier than I had expected. My hands slid down and got caught on the razor sharp tip. The painful shock caused me to fall back into the pit. I help my hand close to my body. "What's the matter." Olivia asks, attempting to stand. I show her my bloody palm. Olivia rips off a piece of my cape. She wraps it around my hand like a bandage. Penny observers this scene. She makes sorrowful cooing noises. "No, it's not your fault." I say. "Yeah, we're not mad." Olivia adds. Penny continues cooing. "No, really we're not mad." I insist. Penny's cooing became louder and more aggressive. "Calm down. It will be ok." Olivia shouts. Penny does not listen. She only gets only gets louder and more aggressive, and then she disappears from sight. Olivia and I shrink back in the hole. I turn to Olivia. "I have a feeling something just happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment