Followers

Friday, November 20, 2015

Cliff Problems

I'm on top of the cliff, looking out on to the vast horizon. I would say the view is breathtaking,but I can't enjoy it now. I'm even further from my goal of escaping. Why did he bring me here? Doesn't he know how stairs work? One way goes up. The other goes down. Down is where we needed to go, not up. I can't be too mad though. I am the one who followed him. "Why are we here?" I blurt. Mamba is puzzled by my question. "Why are we here? For freedom of course. " "This is how we get freedom?" "Yes." "And what do we do now?" I ask. "We climb down the cliff." "No, I'm not doing that." I insist. "Why not?" "Because it's dangerous, and if you wanted to do that, you should have done it in the first place instead of having me go through the dungeon." "Hmm, you make a valid point." "No shit. How about we go down the stairs?" I ask. "Can't do it. There's guards. It'll be a death trap." I tiredly exhale. "We need a distraction." "You want me to go down there and juggle?"He asks. "No, something bigger. I might have just the idea, but I have to lead this time."

No comments:

Post a Comment