Followers

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Bird's Eye View

We landed in a pine tree on the outskirts of their society. From our perspective we could not see any trouble below, but that is not to say they couldn't see us. "Here we are." I say to Todd. Todd piers over the edge of our branch. The ground is miles beneath us. "We're a bit far away. Don't you think?" "That's the idea." I say while placing my foot on a lower branch. Todd attempts to follow my lead. Olivia puts her arm out, stopping him. "What are you doing?" "We can't let you go with us." Olivia replies. "But I'm your boss." "Not up here." I quip. "It's too dangerous. It's best you stay back." Todd sighs. "I'm sure I can defend myself." "I'm not so sure about that." I say. "We might need you. So you really should stay back." Olivia adds. "Then if you need me, I should come." Todd pushes Olivia's arm away. She quickly fires a pink heart into his chest. "We need you alive!" Todd absorbs the pink heart. He sinks back onto the branch with a smile on his face, and Olivia and I begin our descent.

No comments:

Post a Comment