Followers

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Repelling

A tiny pebble hit my head. I thought little more of it than an irritation. Then another pebble hit my cheek. I looked up to see what was the matter, only to find Mamba's foot in my face. I let out a scream of annoyance. The jester apologized, telling me he misjudged the coordinates. He continued to repel past me being more careful not to hit me this time. He revealed a tiny pick from underneath his tongue while dangling mid air. He fidgeted with my cuffs around my wrists that bound me to the cliff. He removed my chains and I slid down to the narrow ledge. After that Mamba swung himself to the ledge and untied the rope around his waist. I assumed naturally that we would climb back up the cliff. I couldn't be more wrong. He took out a pair of scissors that were hidden under his hat. I watched in horror as he cut the rope and it fell to the Earth. "What the hell did you do that for?" I shout. "We can't go back that way. They would expect that." "How do you suggest we get out of here?" I ask. The jester points his head to the left. "That's going back to the dungeon." "Yes, and sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven." I roll my eyes. "Enough with the metaphors. Just get me out of here."

No comments:

Post a Comment