Followers

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Baker's Cabin

Soaking wet, and with rage in his heart, Todd banged furiously on the cabin door. To his surprise neither Olivia nor I answered , but rather, a woman in a baker's apron. "Hello?" She asks, innocently. "Where are they?!" He shouts, angrily. "Who are you looking for?" "You know who." The woman shakes her head. "I'm afraid I don't." "Yes, you do. I'm looking for a man and a woman." "Nobody comes around here." "Don't you try to hide them." "Hide who?" She wonders. "You know who. He wears a red hood and cape, and she usually wears a sugar skull mask." The woman is silent for a moment. "Such an unusual description." She says. Todd looks at her confused, somewhat terrified face. "You haven't seen them, have you?" "No, I haven't." Todd looks down. "I'm sorry I wasted your time." He starts to walk away. "Where are you from?" The woman asks. "No where you've heard of." "I'm sure of that, but is this place far away?" "I believe it is." He replies. The woman opens the door all the way. "Come in, stay awhile." "You don't mind letting in a stranger?" She shrugs. "You seem important. Plus it's raining like there's no tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment