Followers

Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Hunter Returns

The baker ran to the front door to greet her husband. She opened the door, blocking the view of Todd by the fireplace in the process. Her husband had a huge dead deer wrapped around his shoulders. "Don't just just stand there." Her grunts. The baker guides her husband to the kitchen wile continuing to block his view in the process. He throws the deer down on a small wooden table. He does it with such violence that the back legs give out causing the table to collapse. The deer rolls to the ground. "Damn it." He shouts. "It's fine. I'll clean it up, and the table can be fixed." The baker replies. The baker exhales. "I hope we can salvage it." "We can. We will." "I hope so, because that venison should last us a while." "I know. It looks like a good one." "Nearly killed myself getting it." "I bet you did. How about you take a seat here, and I'll find you some dry clothes." The baker suggests. "I think I'll sit by the fire instead." The baker's heart skips a beat. "What?" "You have a fire going. I can hear it." The hunter starts to walk to the living room. "I think you should get out of those wet clothes first." She says. "Nonsense." The hunter continues to walk into the living room. There he sees Todd in plain sight sitting by the fire. The hunter turns beat red. "What's going on here?" Todd attempts to respond with reason. "You see, I was caught in the rain, and -" "I'm not asking you." The hunter turns to his wife."I couldn't let him stay out there." She responds, nervously. "Why not? We taking in strays now?" He questions. "No I guess not." "Excuse me. What exactly is the problem?" Todd interrupts. The hunter turns back to Todd. "The problem? The problem is I don't know you." "Now's a perfect time to get to know me." "I don't want to know you." The hunter insists. The hunter menacingly walks towards Todd. "I was only looking for my employees." Todd says, defensively. "No one comes around here." He scuffs. "I know that now. I took a wrong turn. I'll leave." Todd starts to leave. "Wrong turn?" He asks. "I was looking for a lost tribe. I know it sounds odd, but that's what I was doing." The hunter sighs. "You can stay." "Really?" Todd asks. "Yes, I think I know what you're looking for. I'll get into some dry clothes and then we'll talk."

No comments:

Post a Comment